Hey, are you planning to replace your existing roof? Then you are at the right place.
Do you know why a roof is important?
- Roofs provide structural protection and keep the building intact.
- A roof covers the top of a building and protects the interiors and exteriors from sunlight, rain, and wind including extreme temperatures both hot and cold.
- Polycarbonate roofs are the most widely used roofing sheets today worldwide.
Let’s travel down to the history of Polycarbonate!
Polycarbonate polymer was discovered by mistake! Do you believe this? Yes, you heard me right! It was in 1928, while researcher E.I Carothers of the DuPont Company, a yarn manufacturer began to study polyester resins and aliphatic polycarbonate. E.I Carothers was looking for a stable material to make the price of spun cotton less fluctuating while consolidating the availability of cotton in the market. Though Polycarbonate was resistant and transparent, it was too avant-grade and was temporarily shelved.
When did the actual Production of Polycarbonate begin?
Several scientists became interested in the polycarbonate molecule and in the year 1952, replicated it in their laboratories. It took a few years after research for the actual product to be ready in the market. This is when the industrial production of polycarbonate began in 1959
Though this new polymer was exceptionally sturdy, transparent and non-toxic, people were not ready to assimilate this new product. However, public expressed a positive opinion and Polycarbonate got its approval. During the seventies, many campaigns were made and polycarbonate became known to the Designers who in turn started promoting the product in their plans.
What is Polycarbonate?
Polycarbonate is a naturally transparent thermoplastic. They are available in a variety of colors and made commercially available. Lotus Roofings are manufacturers of Polycarbonate Roofing sheets and suppliers since 1986
Where was Polycarbonate first used?
Polycarbonate as a material could be very easily sterilized and disposable too. Hence the Medical field was the first to replace them with glass.
Applications of Polycarbonate Roofs
Most of our customers ask for suggestions about replacing their existing glass roof and here is what we at Lotus Roofings have to say.
- Polycarbonate sheets have been designed for both domestic and commercial roofing and there is a wide range of fittings and systems that support this plastic material.
Their strength and ability are the main factors including being stronger than glass (200 times of the same weight) and is commonly used for conservatories.
- Multiwall Polycarbonate sheets are perhaps the most versatile roofing sheets available today and are the most prevalent roofing material due to its light weight, cost-effectiveness, and easy-to-install features.
- Lotus Multiwall Polycarbonate roofing sheet has a hollow core structure with mid rib channels running through the length of the sheet. The hollow core provides thermal insulation as it allows passage of air thereby reducing the transmission of heat.
- Solid Compact Polycarbonate Sheets are incredibly impact-resistant. Lotus Compact Sheet is highly impact resistant and because it is virtually unbreakable it is a safe choice for the home and public spaces. Lotus Solid polycarbonate sheets almost totally block harmful UV radiation while still allowing exceptional levels of visibility. They are easy to maintain and cost effective too. It is hence ideal for conservatories
Choosing the right thickness of Polycarbonate sheets
There are several options to consider while choosing the right thickness of Polycarbonate sheets. We suggest a 10mm thick Multiwall Polycarbonate sheet, as they have better insulation, impact, and tensile strength properties. Lotus Multiwall sheets have a minimum of three layers and is widely popular because of their layering system. Their light weight and virtually unbreakable properties makes it the most preferred by customers.
What are the benefits of using Multiwall Sheets?
- When compared to glass, Multiwall sheets are stronger than glass and offers a very high level of impact resistance, and is an ideal choice for residential and public spaces.
- Multiwall sheets have 3 layers and this helps to stop heat from escaping. This helps in enabling more light to enter.
- They block almost all kinds of harmful UV radiation and provide protection to the eyes and aptly suitable for conservatives and Green houses.
- They are easy to handle because of their light weight and can be installed easily.
- You can view our step-by-step guidelines for installation at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izyHOwp8x5s or call our experts for guidance.
Lotus Polycarbonate sheets are cost effective and widely preferred by Architects as they also retain the aesthetics required for the buildings.
Did you know that Lotus Polycarbonate sheets are available in a wide range of varieties? Did you also know that you also have different colors to choose from?
- Compact Transparent Polycarbonate sheets are a perfect replacement to glass as it has light transmission capacity.
- Compact Diffused Polycarbonate sheet diffuses natural sunlight and protects from UV radiation.
- Compact Translucent Polycarbonate sheets light transmission range varies from color to color and well suited for specific aesthetic applications.
- You can choose from our range of embossed, diamond or raindrop textured polycarbonate sheets that may be well suited for private glazing, shower doors and other similar applications as they are well known for strength and can withstand tough weather.
- Corrugated Polycarbonate sheets can be customized and are available in plan and embossed range. They match most of the metal frames and form a complete shield against harmful UV rays while admitting maximum light.
Do you need any more advice?
If you are looking to purchase Polycarbonate sheets and have any queries and need advice to purchase the best-suited polycarbonate sheets, stop worrying, you are at the right place!
To learn more about Lotus Polycarbonate Sheet features and procure them, please leave your details with us