In this blog article, we will explore how Multiwall Polycarbonate Sheets can transform any of your building projects.
Let’s first understand what Multiwall Sheets are first!
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are flat, rigid, and transparent sheets that are made of multiple layers of polycarbonate plastic. Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic material that is strong, lightweight, and resistant to impact, heat, and UV rays.
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets have a cellular structure with at least three walls and connective ribbing that create insulating air spaces between the layers. These air spaces help to reduce heat transfer and improve thermal insulation.
Do they differ from the single-layer or twin-wall polycarbonate sheet?
Yes, they do. Multiwall polycarbonate sheets differ from single-layer or twin-wall polycarbonate sheets in terms of their thickness, number of layers, and insulation value.
Single-layer polycarbonate sheets are the thinnest and have only one layer of plastic. They offer the least thermal insulation and are more flexible than multi-wall polycarbonate sheets. Twinwall polycarbonate sheets have two layers of plastic connected by a support layer. They offer better thermal insulation than single-layer polycarbonate sheets, but less than multiwall polycarbonate sheets. They are also lighter in weight than multiwall polycarbonate sheets.
The advantages of using Lotus Multiwall polycarbonate sheets for building projects are:
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets offer superior thermal insulation than single-layer or twin-wall polycarbonate sheets. They help to keep the indoor temperature comfortable and reduce energy consumption for cooling or heating. They also prevent condensation and moisture buildup on the inner surface of the sheet.
These sheets allow natural light to enter the building, creating a bright and pleasant environment. They also block harmful UV rays and can be tinted to reduce glare and solar heat gain. They offer a variety of light transmission options, from clear to opaque, depending on the number of layers and the color of the sheet.
When compared to other roofing materials, Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are very strong and durable and can resist damage from hail, wind, snow, or vandalism. They are also flexible and can withstand expansion and contraction due to temperature changes. They do not shatter or crack like glass or metal sheets.
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are weather and UV resistant, which means they can withstand harsh climatic conditions such as rain, hail, wind, and sun exposure without fading, cracking, or yellowing. They also have a high resistance to chemicals and corrosion.
These sheets are flame retardant and self-extinguishing, which means they do not produce toxic fumes or spread fire in case of a fire incident. They have a high fire rating and comply with various fire safety standards.
Let’s explore some of the common and innovative applications of multiwall polycarbonate sheets in various sectors:
Architectural Roofing and Glazing
Multiwall polycarbonate sheets can be used for architectural roofing and glazing applications like skylights, domes, atriums, canopies, etc. because they offer several advantages over other materials, such as:
- They are versatile and can be used for a variety of flat or curved designs, and can be easily fabricated and installed.
- They provide natural light and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the architectural space. They are available in clear or tinted options that can control the amount of light and heat entering the building.
- They have high thermal insulation and lower energy costs for heating and cooling the building. They also have a high resistance to weather and UV radiation.
- They have high structural strength and impact resistance that can withstand very high loads and accommodate thermal expansion and contraction. They also have a high fire rating and do not produce toxic gases when burned.
- They have a leak-proof system that prevents any fastener penetration and ensures a watertight seal.
These benefits make Lotus multiwall polycarbonate sheets a suitable choice for architectural roofing and glazing applications that require durability, functionality, and aesthetics.
Application of Multiwall Sheets in Malls:
- They provide high thermal insulation and lower energy costs for heating and cooling the mall.
- They are lighter in weight than solid panels and easier to handle and install.
- They are more resistant to impact than glass or acrylic sheets and safer and more durable.
- They are available in clear or tinted options that can reduce solar heat gain and provide greater light transmission and clarity.
- They have high resistance to weather and UV radiation and are suitable for outdoor applications.
- They have a high fire rating and do not produce toxic gases when burned.
- They can create architectural skylights that enhance the aesthetic appeal of the mall.
Application of Multiwall Sheets at Airports:
- The sheets have high impact resistance and can withstand impacts from hail, wind, or vandalism without breaking or cracking
- The air spaces between the walls reduce heat transfer as they have high thermal insulation providing better energy efficiency than single-layer sheets
- Discoloration and degradation from sunlight exposure is prevented because they have a UV-protected surface
- They resist very high temperatures while some sheets have a built-in condensate control that prevents water droplets from forming on the inner surface and dripping onto passengers’ or their luggage.
- They also provide weather protection and give an excellent aesthetic appeal.
Lotus multiwall polycarbonate sheets will be suitable for conservatories like greenhouses, orangeries, and sunrooms because they offer the following benefits:
Some of the key uses of multiwall polycarbonate sheets in conservatories, greenhouses, orangeries, and sunrooms are:
- To create a roof that provides thermal insulation, light transmission, and impact resistance.
- To create a glazing system that allows natural light and ventilation, and prevents water leakage and condensation.
- To create a decorative and functional space for growing plants, relaxing, or entertaining.
- To enhance the aesthetic appeal and value of the property.
Lotus Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are used in decorative partitions because they offer several benefits, such as:
- They provide natural light and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the space. They are available in clear or tinted options that can control the amount of light and heat entering the building.
- They have high thermal insulation and lower energy costs for heating and cooling the space. They also have a high resistance to weather and UV radiation.
- They have high impact resistance and rigidity that can withstand very high loads and accommodate thermal expansion and contraction. They also have a high fire rating and do not produce toxic gases when burned.
- They are lightweight and easy to handle and install. They can be cut to size and shape and fitted with a variety of glazing systems.
In summary, Multiwall polycarbonate sheets are recommended for buildings, malls, airports, and conservatories because they offer features like thermal insulation and energy efficiency, light transmission and aesthetic appeal, Impact resistance and fire safety, weather and UV resistance, and lightweight and easy installation.
They are versatile and durable sheets that can be used for various roofing and glazing applications.
You can check our Installation Process to know how easy it is to install.
If you have any questions regarding multiwall polycarbonate roofing sheets, write to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org OR call +91 89390 31112.