Lotus Wood Plastic Composite
Lotus wood plastic composite (wpc) is a material produced from a unique blend of plastic and natural wood fibers. It can be molded to any shape and size. Lotus WPC can be used in much the same way as natural timber in construction projects for a wide range of applications. These include exterior applications like fence, gate, wall cladding etc and for interior applications in kitchen, bathroom and toilet.Lotus WPC is UV resistant and can be used in temperature ranging from -40 degrees to 50 degrees centigrade. Lotus WPC products have a very low modulus of elasticity, as low as one-tenth of wood, and possess commendable shear strength.
|Wood Powder||HDPE||Talcum Powder||Antioxidant||Compatibilizer||Mildew Preventive||Other Additives|
|Bending Strength||44Mpa||EN 15534-1:2014|
|Modulus of Elasticity||3660Mpa||EN 15534-1:2014|
|Slip Resistance||0.26||EN 13893:2002|
|Surface Wear Resistance||0.08g/100r||GB/T24508-2009|
|Formaldehyde Emission||0.080mg/m3||EN 717-1:2004|
- Standard Lengths : 5.5m, 3.66m, 3.05m.
- Standard Width :138mm
- Standard Thickness :10mm
- Colours :Teak, Grey, Chocolate.
- Water and moisture resistant.
- Dimensionally stable as compared to traditional wood products.
- Termite and rot resistant.
- Lotus WPC is an ideal DIY product. It can be moulded, screwed and cut easily.
- Pollution free, environment friendly. Does not contain benzene substance. Has minimal formaldehyde, lower than the EO-class standards.
- High fire resistance. Self-extinguishing and does not produce any toxic gases.
- Easy to install and maintain. Is time saving and cost saving. Requires no painting or polishing.
- Has good sound absorption and energy saving properties.
Storage, Handling and Installation Guidelines
- Store Lotus WPC on a flat and level surface in a covered area prior to installation.
- Do not stack bundles over 8 units high.
- Always store in factory packed protective wrap.
- Be careful in handling and transporting the planks.
- Do not transport on the top of auto-rickshaws as it will deshape and cause breakage to the planks.
- Do not allow dust from concrete or landscape to accumulate on the WPC plank as it may damage the surface.
- Lotus WPC is a two sided product and can be installed with either side outside.
- Ensure that the frame or substrate is even and uniform.It should not be deformed or deshaped.
- Provide for expansion and contraction of the planks due to temperature variation.
- Provide 1/8” gap between planks to allow for air circulation.
- Fasten the ends of the planks to the frame securely using 2 screws. Position the screws at 1/2” of each plank end.
- Due to the high quality of Lotus WPC plank, a good quality. Ruspert coated Fastener of minimum 2” length is recommended.
- It is advised not to use Zinc screws in coastal areas since rust from the serew can corrode the WPC also.
- Do not get any PVC glue or similar products on the surface of the WPC plank as it may discolour and permanently damage the surface.
- When using Lotus WPC planks for wall cladding, ensure that the wall and substrate is flat as the planks will conform to the surface contour of the wall.
- Spacing of wall studs/supports, furring strips should not exceed 16” on center.
- Fasten the planks to the building or structure securely into all the furring strips using a minimum of 2 screws. Position them 3/4“ from the sides of the deck plank.
- Center all butt joints over 2 x 4 furring members.
- Mitter cutting of planks is one method that can be used for corners.